Authorities in Florida have called the shooting dead of two people inside a hospital, “random.” Investigators in the town of Titusville, about 40 miles east of Orlando, say that David Owens, 29, went into Cynthia Zingsheim’s, 88, room and shot her dead along with hospital employee Carrie Rouzer, 36, who was sitting with her. Owens was then tackled by security guards who waited until officers came to arrested. The attack happened inside the Parrish Medical Center at around 2 a.m. on the morning of July 17.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. The Brevard County Sherriff’s Office Says That Owens Didn’t Know Either of His Victims
2. Owens Has Been Involuntarily Committed on 2 Occasions
3. Owens Is Accused of 2 Counts of Murder
4. The Hospital Has Now Reopened With Extra Security on Site
5. In 2009, a Nursing Assistant Was Shot Multiple Times By Her Husband on Hospital Grounds
A 24-year-old New York woman was missing for two weeks before returning home. Her friend says the missing girl was being held against her will and managed to escape.